Net Worth Calculator
Find out your net worth with this helpful calculator!
Your net worth
Calculating your net worth is an important step in establishing your financial goals. Your net worth is your personal balance sheet. It is your total assets minus total liabilities. Calculating your net worth can make it easier to assess the state of your current financial health. It's crucial to understand the difference between an asset and a liability!
Assets – resources that you own and have the potential to supply you with future economic
benefits. They can increase your net worth and help you achieve your financial goals.
- Cash and cash equivalents (e.g. savings account balance, fixed deposits)
- Investments (e.g. shares, bonds, ETFs, life insurance value)
- Retirement plans (e.g. retirement savings account)
- Personal property (e.g. real estate, jewellery, vehicles, collectables)
Liabilities – debts or obligations which you need to pay off now or in the future. Can come in
the form of money owed, goods needed to provide, or services required. They come to light out of past transactions and are settled with assets.
- Credit card debt
- Payday loans
- Student loans
- Car loans
- Home mortgage
- Upcoming tax owings
- Current utility bills
Unfortunately, it's very common for people to find themselves with a negative net worth. Just aiming for an improved net worth is a great financial goal to start working towards if you find yourself in the red. It's crucial to understand the difference between an asset and a liability!
How to use this calculator
1. Click the link to the read-only document
2. Make a copy of this calculator for your own use
[Open document > File > Make a copy]
3. Use this calculator for your own use!
Important! Not following steps 2 and 3 will mean that you are calculating your net worth publicly